The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
13 Writing To Publish Tips
1. First--you must be a reader to be a writer
2. Write something every day--even if it's a journal or a blog.
3. Revise what you write--usually more than once.
4. Find a critique group (no, not your best friend or your mom, sister, or neighbor)
5. Second round of edits.
6. Find Beta Readers -- These nice folks will pick apart your story for you.
7. Edit based on Beta Response
8. Now have it professionally edited/proofread
9. Design your cover--hire a professional and get opinions--format book
10. Find Reviewers -- Don't put it up without reviews - do soft-release
11. Promote your book/story/novella (after reviews are listed on Amazon & B&N)
12. NEVER comment on negative reviews
13. Start the next book!