Amazon Links

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

On Reviews.....

Hello

I admit it; I'm a book junkie. If it's romance--any genre--I'll read it. I love romance. I love parnormal and urban fantasy even more than traditional romance these days.

So, when I'm not writing--I'm reading. I read a lot. Probably a book a day. I generally leave a book review on Amazon of every book I buy there, as all authors know that reviews are important. And not just the professional reviews. The reviews of the readers are every bit as important, if not more so.

The pro reviews are what let the reader know to buy the book--but the reader reviews are what let us, the authors, know what is like and what might need work.

As an author, I tend to look at reviews as learning tools. What could I have done better? Did I make the plot involved enough? Are my characters three-dimensional? Is my story entertaining?

Those are the things that make me a better writer. We learn, hopefully, and grow as writers.

I write full-time now. My daughter does, too. It's what we love. If you can do what you love, why not, right?

But, I also want to give back to other authors. So, with that in mind, I'm going to start doing a series of reviews and author interviews. Different genres, but mainly focusing on my love--romantic books. I like that HEA. I also love YA novels. I never thought I would. Authors like James Patterson are the ones that started me on the YA Love journey.

So, if you're an author and want a review, just drop me a line. If it's in my preferred genres, I'll likely read it and review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! Much appreciated.